10.16.2006

After a long absence...

You're right, anonymous patron. I've been gone too long. I could go on about my laziness, but instead I'll give you some excuses. The Twins lost and I was sulking. The Vikings were on a bye week. I actually have a job, you know. There. Three excuses, on with the show.

1. The Yankees get tossed by the Tigers, followed by the A's. Delicious. It should seem odd that I'm happy an AL Central team is making the World Series, but really my rivalry/jealousy only applies to Chicago or Cleveland. KC and Detroit are both such lovable losers that any success they get is met with my happiness. All that talk of Joe Torre getting fired made me giggle. Best lineup ever? I'm going out on a limb here, but no. It really is tragic about Lidle too. It robbed us all of our Yankee hatred for at least a couple critical days.

2. My fooball picking is going okay, I'll update how I'm doing vs. ESPN Braintrust tomorrow. In week 5 I had a dynamite time, going 13-1. Only thing is, my office pool had six people going 14-0 that week. I hate my coworkers sometimes. This week I actually didn't watch a minute of football and didn't even check scores until this morning. I don't know how I did. Paul says I picked 6 or 7 right. Okay, whatever. I did pick Detroit to win though. Genius status firmly intact.

3. Hockey season is back! How about them Wild? Granted, they've only played five home games so far, but they've won all five and are off to the best start in franchise history. I'm officially on the bandwagon. Plenty of room, folks. Also, St. Cloud State fired things up this last weekend, splitting a home series with #11 Denver. I would've been happier if they had pulled out a tie on Friday night, but considering how they started so slow last year, this is still a happy outcome. They should have an easy time with the home-and-home against Minnesota State this weekend.

Happy now?!

No comments: