5.05.2008

Wicked smaht update

Following up on my reading list from earlier in the year.

1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Pretty good. I knew the twist at the end though. It did set up the seventh nicely.

2. A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man & Dubliners by James Joyce
I know how everyone in my generation loves this book, but I have to say I didn't much like it. If you aren't into Catholicism or Irish history or delusions of artistic genius, save some time and skip this one.

3. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Now THIS was a great book. I loved all 702 bruising pages of it. There were some fantastic passages, especially the book about Father Zossima. I highly recommend it.

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
I bumped this up because after Karamazov I need a break. This starts today.

5. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Looming like a migraine.

Others in the works:

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky
The Caterbury Tales by Chaucer
The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac

No comments: