6.19.2006

Jon Lovitz.


I came to a shocking realization yesterday. It seemed to defy everything I knew before, and yet I can't deny its veracity. I am a fan of Jon Lovitz.

For so long every time I saw him I cringed a little inside. But I was listening to a Subway commercial on the radio and, like the sun breaking the horizon at dawn, my fanship of Lovitz dawned and warmed my heart.

His Saturday Night Live days don't impress me too much. All that "yeah, that's the ticket" schtick seems dumb. But his other work is fantastic. The Critic was a ferociously funny show. His cameos on the Simpsons are all noteworthy. Most impressive of all, his replacement of Phil Hartman on News Radio brought some fresh laughs to the show. I am dazzled every time he says "eat fresh" on the Subway commercials because I can now never hear those words again without thinking of him.

Maybe I'm not making my case very well, but I assure you that I'm not insane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Nick, but this post deserves negative two (-2) Kudos. I can't believe you actually said that Jon Lovitz warms your heart. *sigh*

Nick Lee said...

Finally, I got Gordon to not give me kudos! I will defend Jon Lovitz until I die. He is a gentle ray of warm sunshine.