1.02.2007

Yes yes you all and you do not stop.

What did I say? I'm not gloating, but what did I say? Did I not tell you? Did I not say that the 49ers would win? That was a very satisfying game. Never did I waver in my confidence in a Broncos collapse. When Jake Plummer came in, I started giggling. When Champ Bailey strolled into the endzone to give Denver a 13-0 lead, I relished the mounting magnitude of the eventual chokery. As cameras showed shots of Bronco fans going nuts after they tied the game late in regulation, I thought to myself, "Dear God, why did I not bet on this game?!" It's a shame about Darrent Williams though.

In other news, the University of Minnesota fired Glen Mason after the biggest bowl choke job in history. Sweet. Now is probably one of the biggest decisions in the school's football program. The next coach will inherit a Big Ten spotlight, a program with little to no expectations, and a soon-to-be-built outdoor stadium. This could, and I stress the tenuousness of this, but it could be the start of something very big for the U.

In other better news, St. Cloud State owns you. They own everybody these days. After taking home the Catamount Cup over the weekend (beating Vermont in the championship on their home ice), the Huskies' only competition is Minnesota. They tied twice earlier in the season. Now is the best soft stretch for the team: Alaska-Anchorage, home and home with Mankato, UMD. This should give them plenty of momentum as they head into murderer's row in February.

No comments: