3.20.2008

Ink is my radar


On the left, how I looked on the day I received my Trained Monkey Certificate, ten years ago come June. That day was ridiculous. I couldn't stand people making a big deal out of a high school diploma, because I was setting my sights so much higher. Really, I looked around at some of the people graduating with me and put very little satisfaction in my accomplishment. But at least I got to sit with 650 other students and their families in a stuffy gym for two hours. So there's that.

On the right is another niece of mine, Michaela. She was 9 when I left for Colorado, and this summer she'll be 13. Time is flying too fast, and I fear that by the time I make it back to Minnesota I won't be her favorite uncle anymore.

----------------
Now playing: ESPN - The B.S. Report: 3/19

No comments: