9.10.2008

An open letter

To the members of mainstream American media, including but not limited to:

NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, their local affiliate stations,

and to the presidential candidates of both major parties and all members of their respective staffs, every concerned citizen who finds it necessary to pass on hateful email forwards to everyone they can, Focus on the Family, political bloggers, and anyone else I may have missed:

We need to talk about the issues, and nothing but. We need to realize we all love this country and want what's best for it. We need responsibility, courtesy, and respect for each other. Stop feeding me with rhetoric and spin. Stop the tantrums, stop the hackery, stop the name-calling. If we don't work the actual issues out in an adult way, nothing is going to get better. You're all acting like a bunch of children.

That is all.

1 comment:

John said...

Amen to that. Also, you suck. Your letter made me want to cry. I had just read an open letter on donmilleris.com, and I laughed a lot. Then your open letter goes, and BAM! Big tears. Not reptilian. Human. I don't blame you though. It was kind of my fault for not seeing it coming I guess the blame lies with all those people in the address line of your letter. As Jon Stewart might say to them, "Stop hurting America."