6.22.2006

Sports musings.

I hate the NBA. I'm swearing it off for three years. Bill Simmons has it right. The NBA sent itself backwards ten years. Congrats. Dwayne Wade just throws himself at the basket and gets the call every time. The refs in the Finals were deplorable. Professional basketball has once again bolstered itself as a superstar game with a sprinkling of thugs.

Soccer, on the other hand, I love. No one soccer star can have as much affect on a match as in basketball. I am coming to love the fact that the US isn't very good. It's not that I'm a self-hating American or whatever, it's that try as we might, we can't win. If we by some miracle won the World Cup, we would be the Yankees of international soccer. I hate the Yankees. Thus, I am glad at the futility of American soccer. I'm glued to the internet with this World Cup. My picks right now are Germany and Brazil. Have been since the start. We shall see. Go Ghana!

It's nice to see the Twins coming around. I'm so glad I have Joe Mauer on both my fantasy teams. The pitching staff has been unstoppable lately, which has always been the key. Except Kyle Lohse. He still sucks like nobody's business. I can't believe he gets paid to let the other team score runs EVERY TIME he takes the mound.

Only 39 days until Vikings training camp! I can't wait to be done with another summer of the sports abyss.

No comments: