11.03.2006

Week 9 picks.

Last week hit us all hard, so let's try to put that behind us and move ahead. (Hard to do with some of the matchups on the docket this weekend.)

Minnesota (-6 1/2) over SAN FRANCISCO
This is an easy one, unless Minny is hung over. The short week shouldn't affect things too much, and look for Chester Taylor to get a lot of touches in a ball-control type of a game. From the Niners' side, they'll definitely try to pick apart the Vikings through the air, but let's face it, Alex Smith is no Tom Brady.

Kansas City (+2 1/2) over ST. LOUIS
I initially took the Rams on this one, I figured they're at home and underrated. Then I remembered that they're awful against the run. And I think I heard that the Chiefs have a decent running back...

SEATTLE (-8 1/2) over Oakland
Ok, I'm past saying "duh" to every Raiders game. This isn't as much of a gimme as it should be for Seattle, but Seneca Wallace did fill in adequately last weekend in a hostile Arrowhead Stadium. At home he should be able to do enough for the W, even against a stout Oakland defense. But if you bet, take the silver and black on the points.

Denver (+2 1/2) over PITTSBURGH
You don't think the Broncos are a little fired up for this game, do you? Name me the last time a 5-2 team was two point dogs against a 2-5 team. I've been taking a lot of enjoyment from the sports radio talk shows in Colorado this week. Everyone seems to be cheerful about only losing by three to the Colts. And while I can certainly understand this sentiment (the Vikes only lost by three to Chicago ealier in the year and I was happy), it's always funny when someone's criteria for happiness is "we didn't lose by as much!"

NEW ENGLAND (-2 1/2) over Indianapolis
As much as I didn't enjoy last Monday night's game, the Patriots really looked good. For more insight on this game, Google the phrase "hype machine."

atl (-5 1/2) over DET
cin (+3 1/2) over BAL
dallas (-3 1/2) over WAS
BUF (-3 1/2) over gb
NYG (-13 1/2) over hou
CHI (-13 1/2) over mia
no (-1 1/2) over TB
JAC (-9 1/2) over ten
SD (-12 1/2) over cle

No comments: