9.20.2007

Hair removal day.

On Monday I made an important decision. Facial hair decisions are always much more important than they may seem, after all. I decided that although I liked having something on my chin to stroke thoughtfully, and although it made me look at least five years older (so I actually looked my own age), it was time for the beardlet to go. Mostly, my wife expressed her displeasure at it, so after a year plus of hanging on my face, I gave it the razor. I timed it so that I would get a proper haircut on the same day, thus giving my head an opportunity to lose up to maybe three ounces in a single evening.

The results were a little disappointing, the reception even more so. My haircut was not all that great, and it'll take a good two weeks to get it to a manageable point. This is normal. But I was most disappointed in the fact that I had to point out my chin to my wife, who initially thought I just looked particularly clean-shaven. Add to that the fact that nobody else has said a thing, and I'm really starting to regret my decision. I mean, what's the point of trying to please people when even those closest to you don't notice? Facial hair ain't like prayer, I do it to be seen. It may be a matter of weeks before I start growing it back.

I documented the occasion the best way I know how, in contour line form. Apparently not only did I lose some hair, but I dropped about 40 pounds and got facial reconstruction surgery and collagen injections. C'est la vie.


In other news, Burnside Writer's Collective likes me. I don't really understand how I made their surprisingly limited blogroll, but being put adjacent to Draft Kevin Durant is quite an honor. So if you are from the BWC or are one of their fans, I thank you. And if you know any one of them that's about to put out a book, ask them if they want any illustration. I'm cheap and easy, just like... ach, that's too easy.

Additionally, Nick's Book Review!
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
You guys, this is a really good book. You should read it. See the movie first (yeah, it was a movie too, I don't know if you heard of it), then read the book. It helps keep you from using your imagination. Best whodunnit I've read in quite a while. Oooooh, I just hate that Malfoy. Here's to being ten years too late!

----------------
Now playing: Madeleine Peyroux - La Javanaise

No comments: