8.15.2006

Ok, ok. Calm down.


Read this first.

J.T. O'Sullivan should never play another snap in the NFL, preseason or otherwise. He is the worst Vikings backup I've ever seen. Worse than Bubby Brister, worse than Shaun Hill, worse than Sean Salisbury. It seemed appropriate that he wears number 9, as an homage to another terrible Vikings quarterback, Tommy Kramer.

But man can that defense play. I know we lost the game 16-13, but take back one play and the Raiders got almost nothing going on offense all night. The first string defense didn't give up a single first down. For the whole first quarter. The Vikes forces three turnovers in the game. I'm a happy camper.

The draft went ok. I think I did too much gambling in the early rounds, but made some quality steals in the later rounds. My roster, because you care so much:

QB Carson Palmer, CIN
RB Ronnie Brown, MIA
RB Reggie Bush, NO
WR Chris Chambers, MIA
WR Keenan McCardell, SD
TE Tony Gonzalez, KC
D/ST Steelers, PIT
K Neil Rackers, ARI

BN Chester Taylor, RB MIN
BN Andre Johnson, WR HOU
BN Philip Rivers, QB SD
BN Vernon Davis, TE SF
BN Eddie Kennison, WR KC
BN Redskins, D/ST WAS
BN LenDale White, RB TEN
BN Brandon Lloyd, WR WAS

In an unrelated sports note, I declare that Kansas City is the self-pity capital of the sports world. Name a city whose fans feel sorry for themselves. Kansas City is worse.

No comments: