9.18.2006

AL Central mania!

The Tigers go to Chicago for the three-game set this week. As a Twins fan, this is delicious because the two biggest competitors get to beat up on each other during the stretch run. I love it. No matter who loses, the Twins win. And yet, I am picking a side.

I'm cheering for the White Sox.

The Twins catching and passing Detroit would mean they'd host an ALDS matchup, and they wouldn't likely have to play the Yankees until the ALCS. The home-field thing is cool, but playing the Yankess for a trip to the World Series sounds wonderful.

As much as it sounds terrible to say this, I'd like Chicago to catch up to within three games of the Twins over the next week and a half. I want the CWS/MIN series at the Metrodome at the end of September to mean something for both teams. I want my team to eliminate last year's champs, to crush their fleeting hopes once and for all. Thus, I will be cheering for the White Sox this week.

In the words of Bill Simmons, I'll now go wander into oncoming traffic.

No comments: