10.24.2006

Heroes.

Some thoughts on my new "Show of the Season," Heroes.

1. Stop plugging the Nissan Versa already. Yes we get it, they paid a bundle to be mentioned every possible time they can. But even Joe Yoekel in Bumlovin, Tennessee can see through your charade by now. Let it go.

2. Ali Larter's character is easily the weakest link of the show. It's obvious they tried to concoct more intriguing plotlines around her because her character is too weak. For instance: she doesn't actually have a superpower. She's schizophrenic. Last time I checked, that's more of a mental illness thing.

3. What am I supposed to do in January when 24 is on at the EXACT same time? I don't have two TV's, and I'm not sure the built-in VCR can record one thing while I watch another. I may have to make a major electronics purchase to avert this disaster.

4. There is some level of debate in my household over which Hiro Nakamura is better. My wife leans towards "Fun Japanese Office Worker" Hiro and I prefer "Two Seconds Away From Chopping Your Head Off" Hiro.

5. Never before have I seen a series chock full of so many anti-heroes. The heroin junkie, the sleazy politician, the internet whore, what is this? Are they just trying to make Peter and Hiro look better? Are they trying to break our stereotypes of the perfect superhero?

6. "Save the cheerleader, save the world" is not only a good tagline for a TV show, but it works remarkably well in all sorts of common social situations.

"Hey, do you have roughs of the football inserts?"

"Save the cheerleader, save the world."

"Ok. I gotta go."


See? Brilliant.

7. (Unrelated to Heroes) I've discovered the best way to annoy your fellow workers. Go to iTunes, download "The Final Countdown" by Europe, and play it loud once. Someone will probably try to stop you before the song is over, but the damage will already be done. Is there a better way to create enemies where you once had friends? I submit to you that there is not.

1 comment:

pBerry said...

Hey, do you have the football CD?