10.02.2006

October is crazy.

Some thoughts about:

Football.

1. If the Vikings won't run, then I won't watch. Unbelievable.

2. I'm torn about tonight's game. Do I want Philly to dismantle the Packers in an "even our rivals are feeling sorry for us" kind of way? Or do I root for the game to be close, which gives the Packers and their fans hope, thus prolonging their misery?

3. Chicago looked good last night. I guarantee they're phoning in one of their next two games.

4. Going 7-6 is unacceptable. Sometimes I just hate Sundays.

Baseball.

1. Twins win the Central. Sometimes I just love Sundays.

2. How improbably was the KC sweep of Detroit? You bet I was keeping an eye on that one.

3. Nobody's picking the Tigers to beat the Yankees. Since this is the most delightful thing that could happen, I'll go ahead and call it. Tigers beat Yankees.

4. Twins beat Tigers, beat Los Angeles in the World Series.

No comments: